National Engineering Month (NEM) Director
The purpose of the NEM director is to organize and run all NEM events during the month of March. These events will consist of external events such as the Engineering Students Society Council of Ontario (ESSCO) Rube Goldberg, and potentially an event affiliate with the Canadian Federation of Engineering Students (CFES). In addition, there will be internal events that could include but are not limited to; Mini Conference, high school design challenge, speaker series, outreach events, and public displays of awesomeness.
- Creating a volunteering team
- Maintain contact with ESSCO for Rube Goldberg
- Maintain contact with CFES for potential events
- Coordinate meetings with volunteering team
- Establish Sponsorship
- Create and run at least one internal event
- Director of Rube Goldberg
- Director of Finance and Sponsorship
In addition to the above, a sub directorship can be created in the event that it is needed in order to better the success of NEM.
ENG Hockey Director
The purpose of the ENG Hockey directorship is to organize and train Conestoga’s engineering hockey team for the ENG hockey tournament in the month of March. The Engineering Hockey tournament is between all engineering universities and colleges in Ontario. It is unofficially an ESSCO event that a host school is selected to host and run.
- Acting as team manager – Drafting and selecting players
- Organize and schedule regular practices
- Maintain contact with host school
- Book lodging for weekend of tournament
- Organize carpooling/transportation for tournament weekend
Create as needed.
Director of Brewery Tours (Brew King/Queen)
The purpose of the director of brewery tours is to organize brewery tours both in the region and potentially outside of the region. These brewery tours are meant to be fun as well as educational.
- Communicate with representatives from brewery’s
- Schedule and organize at least one brewery tour per semester
- Organize carpooling/transportation to brewery tours
- Potentially contact neighboring schools and organize large group tours
Director of Blood Donations
The purpose of the director of blood donations is to create a relationship between Conestoga Engineering Society and the Canadian Blood Services. In addition, to create awareness for the need of donators and the donations they make. Also, the purpose of the director of blood donations is to create an avenue by which people who have never donated before can feel comfortable and relaxed about donating for the first time.
- Create relationship with the Canadian Blood Services
- Organize blood donating events
- Organize carpooling/transportation to donation centers
- Potentially create after blood donation mixer events (i.e. Going for sushi, getting some snacks at a pub)
- Establish quota for required donations with Canadian Blood Services and achieve that quota
Director of Oktoberfest
The purpose of Director of Oktoberfest is to facilitate an easy means for CES members and friends to participate in Oktoberfest events. These events can be night events such as going to Concordia Club, Moses Springer, Stampede Corral, or Bingemans. These events can also be day events such as the pancake breakfast, strong man competition, family day at Concordia Club, and many, many more.
- Organize for students/Alumni to attend at least one night event and one day event (preferably one wet event (meaning with alcohol) and one dry event (one without alcohol).
- Organize transportation to and from such planned events.
- Potentially coordinate with neighboring schools such as McMaster, Waterloo, and Guelph.
- Offer many options of events and decide which ones to run based on popular vote.
- Make it Wunderbar!!
There is the possibility of splitting this directorship into two directorships where one person handles night events and the other handles day events.
Director of Canada’s Wonderland Halloween Haunt
The purpose of this director ship is to organize an event where a large group (more than 10 people) of students trek out to Wonderland to enjoy the festivities of the Halloween Haunt in October. Participants will have access to all of the rides as well as scary mazes, live shows and much more!
- Determining the date of the event.
- Collect payment from all attendees and pay for group tickets in advance.
- Organize transportation to and from Wonderland
- Potentially coordinate with neighboring schools such as, Waterloo, McMaster, and Guelph.
Director of Charity Events
The purpose of the Director of Charity Events is to get the Conestoga Engineering Society on the map in the charity world. Because this is a brand new directorship, there will be lots of room to do whatever you like with it. Ideally, the goal is to begin an annual event that CES participates in to benefit a charity or to offer volunteers to help other events. We are looking for someone who is really passionate about making a difference in our community and who can harness the power of CES to do so.
- Determine CES’s charity of choice.
- Create a volunteering team to assist with organizational tasks or to assist in volunteering for events.
- Maintain contact with representatives from different charitable organizations.
- Potentially coordinate with neighboring schools, such as Waterloo, Guelph, and McMaster.
- Director of transportation
- Event specific directors
In addition to the above, a sub directorship can be created in the event that it is needed in order to better the success of events.