April 2nd Weekly Newsletter
April 3, 2012 Leave a comment
- Randstad Engineering presentation (April 5th @ 12:01pm in A2004/02)
- The proposed topic is the Engineering Job Market – opportunities and how to brand yourself for these opportunities.
- Election campaigns are now running! Next week (date TBD) we will be having an election debate!
- Candidates have been filling out a questionnaire which will be emailed to everyone and posted on this website under the tag “Elections” – Learn about the nominees!
Weekly Joke – Engineering Rules
1. Any circuit design must contain at least one part which is obsolete, two parts which are unobtainable and three parts which are still under development.
2. Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
3. A failure will not appear till a unit has passed final inspection.
4. If you can’t fix it — document it.
5. The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.
We are still looking for a couch for the CES office – if anyone has a truck, and sees a decent one at the side of the road… Bring it in!
End of term is coming up, we are looking for EOT Party directors – I’m looking at you Connor and you Cowboy Dave! Since we have a bit of a budget surplus, CES will be providing the food for these party(s)!
Have a great week!
Conestoga Engineering Society